Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Junk

This evening I was clearing out my email box. I literally had hundreds of junk emails that I had saved: notifications from Netflix saying they had sent or received a movie, emails from a website for mothers that I never read, and Facebook notifications saying that Joe Shmoe has added me as a friend. The list goes on. I keep everything regardless of whether or not I will ever read it again. Why? Because some day I MIGHT need it! This habit carries over into my paper files too. I have clutter everywhere to the point that I can’t function sometimes. Then I finally get tired of it all and throw everything away. Then, of course, the very next week I do need something that I have trashed. This then reiterates my need to cling to everything. But, I survive even without that one thing I needed and am much happier in a clutter-free environment. I can find things easier and am not weighted down by the junk. I can breathe again!

Challenge: What are you holding onto that you need to release?

1 comment:

Mary Meares said...

Hi Amanda!
This is the story of my life! I'm much better than in the past, but still working on reducing the paper stuff that accumulates in my life. It's good to get the reminder.
Keep up the writing!
Mary