Friday, August 22, 2008

Powerless

One of my best friends calls me a control freak, just like her. While I may not agree with her that I’m a control freak, I will admit that I like to know what is going on. I don’t have to have control, but I want to know that someone has control. Today I received news that one of my friends has gone missing in the Glacier National Park . I feel powerless. There is nothing I can do. I don’t have control and it seems that no one does. Park rangers can’t find any signs of him on the trails. I am frustrated. My first instinct was to turn to food, but I was so upset that I was nauseated. But then, I begin to feel peace. Because I know that even though I don’t have power or other humans around me do not, that there is a higher power that does have control. So, I hope and pray for the outcome to be a good one.

Challenge What do you turn to when you feel you have no control?

No comments: